Everyone loves to shoot under perfect conditions. Nice sunny day. Not too hot. Not too cold. And of course with plenty of light!
With that said, statistical data tells us that if you are involved in a deadly force encounter necessitating the use of your firearm it will most likely occur in low level light conditions! So knowing this, WHY DO WE NOT TRAIN FOR IT?
Commence Fire offers a comprehensive Low Level Light Course that will provide insight into this unique situation. Please understand that it is the dark that misidentifications of weapons or people occur that result in tragic life altering consequences as well as possible civil liability.
Questions you should ask yourself:
- Have I ever fired my firearm in low level light or in the dark?
- Is my firearm equipped with night sights?
- Do I carry a flashlight?
- Do I understand how to properly use the firearm and flashlight together?
- Do I understand how to read lighting conditions to better my tactical advantage?
- Is my opponent training in low level light? If so, what does he or she know that I do not?
Israeli Defense Forces have a rule of thumb. If 50% of deadly force encounters occur in low level light conditions than 50% of their training will as well.
TAKE YOUR SKILLS TO A HIGHER LEVEL!
Classroom training will consist of 4 hours and will cover the following:
Safety (most important aspect of firearms training)
- Available flashlights on the market and their Pro’s and Con’s
- Flashlight applications
- Reading the light
- Operating from an appropriate position due to the lighting conditions
- Viewpoints due to flashlights being used
- How to light and move
- Using lights at random heights
- Light domination and how bright of a light do you really need
- Weapons mounted lights
- Location of on/off switches
- Methods of carry
- Drawing and holstering
- Handheld Flashlight Techniques
Live-Fire Range training will consist of 2 hours and will cover the following:
- Safety (most important aspect of firearms training)
- Practical Application of the Handheld Flashlight Techniques
Pre-requisites: Must attend Proper Holstering Course prior.
Duration: 4 Hours classroom training | 2 Hours Range Training
Class Location: CFTA training facility at 4145 Pearl Road
Range Location: Gray’s Armory at 1234 Bolivar Avenue
- Strong side hip holster
- Spare magazines or Speed loaders
- Magazine pouch
- 200 rounds of “factory loaded” ammunition
Registration and Payment
You can register for this course by clicking here. You will need to REGISTER as well as select your PAYMENT method below.