Be prepared before you choose.
If your intention is to obtain an Ohio Concealed Handgun License this is the course for you. We guarantee that you will feel welcome in our non-intimidating training environment. With that said, we pledge a comprehensive course that is engaging, captivating and fun no matter what level of firearms experience you have.
Registration and payment information located at the bottom of this course page.
- Firearms & Ammunition Safety (most important aspect of firearms training)
- Ohio Concealed Carry Law Overview (Taught by a Law Enforcement Officer Instructor)
- Ohio Use of Deadly Force Overview (Taught by a Law Enforcement Officer Instructor)
- Handgun Nomenclature (Parts)
- Handgun Function (Includes malfunction drills)
- Handgun Handling to include proper Loading & Unloading with both the Revolver & Semi-Automatic
- Shooting Fundamentals (How to balance accuracy with speed)
- Proper Storage of Firearms & Ammunition
- Maintenance & Cleaning
What you receive at NO ADDITIONAL COST from Commence Fire when you attend our CHL Course:
- Experienced, knowledgeable and patient instructors
- Instructors who are passionate about firearms training (each complete at least a one year unpaid apprenticeship to become an instructor for Commence Fire)
- Seven (7) hours of classroom training (which is above State Law)
- Two (2) hours of range training
- Ohio Concealed Handgun License Application
- 2”x2” Passport Photograph (required for application)
- Lunch & all the coffee you can drink
- Hearing and Eye Protection use if you do not have your own
At CFTA, there are no hidden costs. Upon successful completion you will have EVERYTHING needed to apply for your Concealed Handgun License.
Important: DO NOT PURCHASE A HANDGUN PRIOR TO ATTENDING THIS CLASS if you do not already have one! We have 30 different handguns available to rent and we will assist you in making an EDUCATED DECISION as to what is the RIGHT HANDGUN FOR YOU!
Cost: $125 with discounts available (call for details)
Duration: 7 hours Classroom Training | 2 Hours Range Training
Class Location: CFTA training facility at 4145 Pearl Road
Range Location: Gray’s Armory at 1234 Bolivar Avenue
Requirements: Handgun (Revolver or Semi-Automatic) only if you already own one. We have many available to rent.
- 100 rounds of “factory loaded” ammunition
Registration and Payment
You can register for this course by clicking here. You will need to REGISTER as well as select your PAYMENT method below.